This is a rapidly growing and dynamic company on the cutting edge of trending new products. This is a newly created National Sales manager position reporting directly to the VP/GM that is necessary to manage the nationwide setup and strategy of the sales organization. This person will coordinate the development of sales objectives, strategies, advertising and promotional programs and ensure their execution. They will gather new product ideas and evaluate their potential and provide management with information used to evaluate opportunities nationwide. The National Sales Manager will visit key national markets to investigate operations and local conditions and ensure accounts are being properly managed. There will be a sales team of 8 – 10 individuals reporting into this position, so strong leadership experience in sales development and training will be mandatory. The right person should have at least 10 years of relevant experience and the ability to travel up to 50%.
· Develops and evaluates annual sales plan and expense plan for each area in the country.
· Develops national objectives for field sales activity.
· Integrates and differentiates in the field sales efforts the roles of marketing staff, marketing management, and general sales managers.
· Reviews market analyses to determine customer needs, volume potential, price schedules, and discount rates, and develops sales campaigns.
· Represents company at industry association meetings and trade shows to promote product.
· Acts as liaison between sales and other departments.
· Participates in budget preparation.
· Assists other departments within establishment to prepare manuals and technical publications.
· Prepares periodic sales reports showing sales volumes and potential sales.
· Oversees contract development & negotiations.
· Oversees distributors and other sales channels.