International manufacturer of rubber automotive products has immediate need for an Operations Manager with experience in rubber or plastics or silicone.
This position is seeking a dynamic and driven person to be responsible for the supervision and management of all aspects of our Rubber Mixing Operations in our LaGrange, GA facility.
This will include oversight and management of the quality of the product, operations scheduling, utilization of department equipment, staffing (hiring and terminations), safety of employees, training (OTJ and Formal) and daily operations of the Rubber Mixing unit.
This position is also responsible for customer satisfaction – mostly internal customers. The Ops Manager will also monitors and direct Lean System and Six Sigma activities within this business unit.
OPERATIONS MANAGER – RUBBER MANUFACTURING
Looking for a Dynamic leader, with drive to succeed and overcome challenges for a Rubber Mixing group in LaGrange, GA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages staff to assure goals and objectives are being achieved with maximum use of resources.
- Reviews customer commitments with production staff to assure world-class quality and on time delivery of products. Identifies problem areas and sets course of corrective action.
- Works with Engineering to improve technical specifications, products and product flow.
- Monitors plant costs and budgets to assure cost controls and future allocations.
- Works with Quality department to assure all processes are in control and works on new projects to assure timely start up.
- Works with Human Resources department to establish reasonable labor resources.
- Works with Human Resources department to set-up training programs concerning orientations, OSHA required safety programs.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Bachelor degree in business, operations or technology related field required, along with 10 plus years of progressive levels of leadership in a manufacturing environment.
Position requires a thorough knowledge of all facets of a Business Unit with Manufacturing background preferred.
New challenges must be constantly pursued to produce state of the art products at world class quality and still remain competitive in the marketplace.
Position requires leadership qualities to achieve the full backing of staff to meet these objectives. Position must be able to understand customer needs, be proactive and react appropriately when necessary.
Must possess good people skills and people management skills.
Must have the proper skills to understand and comprehend objectives and the capability to conduct thorough but timely follow through.
Knowledge of automotive parts manufacturing and its specifications highly preferred
Knowledge of automotive quality standards preferred
Understanding of cell manufacturing preferred
Salary : $80,000 – $110,000