Are you an Operations Manager who wants to play a major leadership role in a growing manufacturing company that supplies to the medical device industry? Are you an Operations Manager who has experience assessing a manufacturing organization and implementing organizational and process changes that resulted in improving operations? If you can answer “yes” to these questions, then you should consider this opportunity.
Our client is a privately held company that has been experiencing amazing growth and has grown from 45 to 136 employees in six years. Our client truly values its employee in a culture that is relaxed. People work hard, but they also have fun. The company currently runs a first and second shift operation in a job shop machining environment, selling to the medical device industry. With the accelerated growth that our client is experiencing , the President is searching for an Operations Manager who can bring additional structure to the organization and help take the company to the next level.
An overview of the Operations Manager's role will be:
- Coordinating, managing, and monitoring the workings of various departments in the organization including production, materials, and maintenance.
- Improving processes, policies, and procedures to maximize output. Monitoring adherence to rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Planning the use of human resources. Organizing recruitment and placement of required staff. Establishing organizational structure. Delegating tasks and accountabilities. Establishing work schedules. Supervising staff and monitoring and evaluating performance.
- Coordinating and monitoring the work of the departments you will manage. Monitoring performance and implementing improvement.
- Managing the quality and quantity of employee productivity.
- Managing the maintenance of equipment and machinery. Providing technical support when needed.
- Providing strategic input. Being a liaison with top management. Assisting in the development of strategic plans for operational activity. Implementing and managing operational plans.
As Operations Manager your background should include:
- Degree a plus but not required
- Minimum 10 years of experience in production management, preferably leading an organization as an Operations or Production Manager
- Job shop experience
- Medical device experience a plus
- ISO experience. ISO 1345 a plus
- Lean manufacturing/continuous improvement experience. Track record of looking outside the box.
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to read customer prints and understand GDT
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; coaching/teaching management style; servant leader
- Must be able to interact effectively at all levels of the company and handle confidential and sensitive information appropriately
- Strategic thinker, but also tactical; willing to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty
- Experience working on assignments that are complex in nature in which judgment and initiatives are required in resolving problems; strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and in partnership with others
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Excellent listening skills
- A respectful and positive attitude
Our client is located about 20 minutes from Warsaw, IN and is seeking local/commutable candidates.
Salary : $100,000 – $125,000