Are you a Physician Assistant with 2 years of current or recent experience assisting in Surgery? Do you live in or near the Northern VA area? If yes, we want to speak with you! Current or recent experience assisting with General Surgery OB/GYN/Urology pre-post op procedures is highly preferred.
We are considering those who are currently working in hospital/OR/Ambulatory Surgical Centers.
This position offers lots of variety. You will be assigned to a specific location every day. Routine assignments include outpatient surgical setting (ASC) and inpatient surgical settings and at area hospitals. You will be constantly learning new skills in this job. It is a plus if you have experience with Robotic Surgery.
Other requirements: BLS, NPI, Enrollment in PECOS, DEA license.
More about what a typical day would look like for you in this role:
- Assist Surgeon during surgical procedure by carrying out surgical functions as directed by the surgeon in order to ensure optimal results to the patient in clinic, ASC and area hospitals.
- Provide comprehensive inpatient, emergency room, pre- and postoperative evaluation, management, and care of surgical patients. Develop comprehensive plan of care and review with supervising physician.
- Assist in surgical rounds and call duties at area hospitals.
- Participate in patient education specific to surgical procedures and post-operative care.
- Perform medication reconciliation and help to arrange appropriate post-discharge follow up for all surgical patients.
- Determine order, interpret and document appropriate tests, treatments and drug prescriptions.
- Collaborate with the physician and other clinical staff members to maintain continuity of care.
Our client offers a full comprehensive benefits package, relocation negotiable.
- generous vacation, holiday, and sick leave
- medical care (including prescriptions), vision, mental health, and dental care
- disability and life insurance coverage
- educational opportunities and tuition reimbursement
- employee assistance programs
- health care, dependent care, and transit spending account options
- retirement plans
In addition, our client believes in recognizing stellar performance and sponsors a variety of programs designed to reward our skilled, innovative, caring, and committed staff.
To learn more please email us your resume along with the best days and times to reach you.
Salary : $125,320 – $154,752