Do you have at least 5 years of clinical experience in a surgical environment?
Do you have 1-2 years leadership experience?
If you answered YES to both of these, we want to speak with you about this exciting new role, where you will be leading a team of 8 Surgical Physician Assistants.
Our client is located in Massachusetts between Boston and Worcester, MA. 75-80% of this role is clinical.. thus you will be assisting in the OR in addition to seeing both inpatient and outpatients. However about 25% of the time you will be involved in program management, professional development and team building. You would first-assist any covering physician in the hospital with surgery-related cases in the operating room or minor procedures if needed. To be considered you should have a minimum of two years of experience in any of the following specialties: Neuro, Vascular, Plastics, Ortho, Bariatrics or General Surgery. You will be working at 2 hospital locations that are very close to each other
To give you an idea of volume:
* One hospital has 5 ORs plus 1 local ambulatory room. The other has 10 ORs, but only run 5-6 plus 1 Cysto room and 2 local rooms.
* Average # of surgeries per month at one of the hospitals is 220 and the other 425.
You would be seeing all ages from birth to geriatric. The position may involve Surgical rounds in the ICU and other critical care units.
Direct supervisor is the Chief of Surgery, some reporting relationship to COO
You should have completion of a Bachelor's Degree plus two years in an accredited specialized Physician's Assistant Program. National certification required to be licensed in Massachusetts. Recertification required every 6 years.
What is great about this role!:
* You will have the opportunity to work with surgeons in a variety of specialties and at multiple facilities associated with our client in the immediate area.
* This is a newly created position … you get to be the "trail-blazer" for this role
* The hours are from 7am to 6pm, however our client is open to conversation about the hours. 40 hour work week/ M-F
* Free parking
* you will report to the Chief of Surgery. If selected for the interview process, this is the only physician whom will be interviewing you.
* smaller, community feel of our hospital. Having the opportunity to develop relationships with the other staff. We are a community hospital, but pride ourselves in high quality.
This position offers a generous base salary based on years of experience plus annual performance bonus and full comprehensive benefits package which included a robust 401K and TUITION REIMBURSEMENT.
To learn more about this great opportunity, please email your resume to Melissa along with the best days and times to reach you. We look forward to discussing with you!
Salary : $83,000 – $150,000