We have been engaged to locate a Plant Manager for an excellent client of ours located near Hattiesburg, MS. This role is filling a retirement and will report to the Vice President directly. The Plant Manager will set the direction for the Operations team to safely manufacture and distribute their stock and custom made metal products.
As the Plant Manager you will oversee Production, Shipping & Receiving, Quality, Manufacturing Engineering and Customer Service. If you have a successful background in driving lean & continuous improvement initiatives in a very hand’s on capacity you will enjoy this opportunity. Leading by example and demonstrating an ability to effect change in a growing company is needed.
This is a high-visibility position with a real ability to make your mark and it offers strong potential for upward mobility.
· Ensure efficient manufacture and shipment of quality products that meet or exceed customer requirements and are within budgeted parameters.
· Lead, develop and implement policies and procedures to execute annual and long-range plans.
· Responsible for capital and department expense budgets.
· Drive continuous improvement.
· Ensure manufacturing compliance and “safety first” culture.
· Coach, develop, and train team capabilities.
· Build talent pipeline.
· Maintain compliance with EHS and OSHA laws and regulations.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
· MBA is a plus
· 10+ years in a mfg operations with at least 5 years in a leadership role
· Experience in a metal working manufacturing environment – stamping, punching, bending, powder coating, painting, etc.
· Experience implementing 5S, Lean, Kaizen, Kanban, and other world-class manufacturing techniques
· Demonstrated track record of improving financial performance and product quality
· Ability to understand, analyze, and act on financial data and metrics including budgeting, financial tracking, and key performance indicators
· Experience supporting aggressive organic growth is a plus
· Travel up to 15%