Process Controls Engineer
Our client is one of the largest and most diversified specialty materials and components producers in the world., and has approximately 8,700 full-time employees world-wide who use innovative technologies to offer growing global markets a wide range of specialty materials solutions.
major markets are aerospace and defense, oil and gas; chemical process industry, electrical energy, medical, automotive, food equipment and appliance, and construction and mining.
products include titanium and titanium alloys, nickel-based alloys and superalloys, engineered forgings and castings, zirconium, hafnium, niobium alloys, and stainless and specialty steels.
focuses our advanced specialty materials technology, unsurpassed manufacturing capabilities, and innovative products to serve global markets with highly diversified product offerings.
We are actively seeking experienced Process Controls and Automation Engineer for our Plate Operations in Washington, PA. This position will provide the Washington Operations with the following services:
- PLC Programming
- Rockwell and Siemens platforms
- HMI Programming
- Data Driven Analysis for failure and process improvements
- IBA PDA data systems
- SQL database systems
- Process Controls Engineering
- Plate Hot rolling mill
- Batch and Continuous reheat furnaces
- Troubleshooting support for automation systems including
- Discrete and analog I/O
- Distributed I/O networks
- Drives and Motors
This position will work in an integrated team, to support a collaborative relationship with the Plant Operations Leadership, for the purpose of supporting, and producing innovative change to improve, the existing automation.
- Plant Floor observation and communication with machine Operators to both develop an understanding of the process and Operator tasks related to the control of the process.
- Support troubleshooting efforts on equipment and produce tools and documentation to simplify future troubleshooting efforts.
- PLC and HMI programming changes to improve the process and/or Operator interaction with the automation.
- Root cause analysis using existing data systems combined with a functional understanding of the process and problem definitions from plant floor Operators, and Plant leadership.
- As a part of a team, develop functional requirements for changes to the systems with execution of the changes by vendors.
- Support of commissioning efforts by vendors to produce change on the plant floor through the automation.
- Update electrical drawings
- Support the execution of change on the plant floor through documentation of the change, software revision control, change reporting to Operations, and Operator training related to the changes.
Salary : $75,000 – $90,000