Looking for a Process Engineers for a solid manufacturing client of ours. Here is the job description:
Reporting to the Director of Global Molding Technology, this role is responsible for the continuous improvement of our safety, reliability, quality, delivery, cost, and the elimination of waste from our processes. Also responsible for the Research and Development (R&D) of the relevant manufacturing processes and applicable automation in eliminating waste.
• Understand current data collection and documentation. Actively participate in projects in advancing the data collection/monitoring technology. Participate in creating the process control methods such as SPC and train appropriate personnel for the optimum use of it.
• Manages engineering changes and new product development as it is released to manufacturing
• Establish critical characteristics for all processes and systems for monitoring those variables
• Support process development and process validation to ensure the defect free products to our customers.
• Able to sort through conflicting data and evidence to determine root cause of a condition or issue.
• Review and institute storage and handling requirements for incoming and in-process materials.
• Support developing different polymer test methods to analyze and validate products. Tests that include but not limited to: Rheology, Physical testing, Analytical testing, and Electrical testing.
• Perform different experiments such as DOE and record results of work performed, conclusions and recommendations in clear, concise and timely reports. Use and leverage the Simulation technology in developing molding processes and performing DOEs.
• Conduct process audits in association with Quality department and Molding Manager.
• Support process development and process validation to ensure the defect free products to our customers
• Develop appropriate processes to ensure consistent product quality and yield for all molded assemblies/parts in the department.
• Establish process controls for each of the above processes for proper monitoring and control of production activities.
• Establish and maintain appropriate metrics for process monitoring and management review.
• Develop and maintain tooling maintenance and documentation for molds and routinely refurbished or replaced components in the molding process.
• Propose tool design improvements/changes using CAD.
• Participate in continual improvement events, and follow-up activities.
• Bachelors of Engineering/Science degree needed. Mechanical Engineering Degree or equivalent degree preferred.
• Prefer 3-5 years of experience within a Plastics/Polymer processing environment.
• Strong understanding of Polymer technology and test methods such as DSC & TGA.
• Strong analytical abilities to be able to sort through conflicting data and evidence to determine the root cause of a condition or issue.
• Strong Knowledge of CAD skills.
• Must be familiar with ISO (QS9000) standards.
• Proven experience with Six Sigma (w/certification) or Statistical Process Control preferred.
• Previous history with molding of two component, liquid thermoset plastics, cast resin compounds and vacuum casting is a plus.
• Knowledge of fluid dispensing systems or centralized material delivery systems. Experience with liquid gelatin molding and ring line dispensing systems a plus.
• Knowledge of CFD simulation platforms.
Salary : $75,000 – $90,000