|Our client is a leading international manufacturer of automotive and truck exhaust system components–They have an immediate need for a Product Manager with the following background.
Develop profitable business for target product family by identifying potential products; conducting market research; generating product requirements; determining specifications, production timetables, pricing, and time-integrated plans for product introduction; developing marketing strategies.
- Determines and prioritizes market and customers' requirements using inputs from legislation/ regulatory developments, first-hand customer/industry interaction, Sales, R&D, and other company functions.
- Recommends the optimal product mix to meet current and future market/customer requirements; works with R&D, Engineering, Production, and Sales to realize this mix.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the product to competitors' products and finding main points of differentiation.
- Working with sales to develop sales strategies.
- Assesses market situation and relevant customer opportunities by periodically calling on customers with sales team.
- Determines product pricing by utilizing market data, costs, volume and other relevant special circumstances.
- Help to maximize the profitability of the product (gross profit) by promoting relevant pricing, costing, and mix strategies, while minimizing the working capital (inventory) required to support it.
- Brings new products to life by establishing and supporting priorities and time schedules with R&D, Engineering, and Production; following the relevant stage gate approach and confirming readiness for launch.
- Introduces and markets new products by developing time-integrated plans with Sales, Engineering, and Production.
- Supports sales by overseeing preparation of relevant technical and commercial documentation
- Advise management by recommending forecasts and budgets
Due to continued expansion of our customer base in the US we are looking to recruit an experienced Project Manager for our Aftermarket team to lead design/development of a range of exhaust after-treatment products for on road trucks.
- Understanding the market, customer, technology, and application
- Hands on approach
- Familiarity with product development cycles
- Technically orientated
- Ability to define technical requirements and prioritize winning criteria.
- Business understanding of pricing, costs, margins, capacity, and working capital
- Ability to positively lead, support, and motivate in a matrix organization
- Bill of material/Routing knowledge
- Ability to prioritize conflicting agendas or demands and to secure progress on topics which make a difference.
- Engineering degree preferable
- Automotive and/or emission standards knowledge preferable
Drive and will to win
Salary : $90,000 – $100,000