The Product Manager is responsible for a newly created product for big box stores. The Product Manager will drive the New Product Development process. The scope of responsibilities includes market assessment, business planning, product roadmap development, product life cycle management, and go-to-market planning and execution.
We need a strategic hands-on leader with experience bringing a new product to market. We are looking for someone with a unique blend of business and technical savvy, with a big-picture vision, and the drive to make the vision a reality. This person will spend time in the field/marketplace and interface with industry organizations to understand end-user problems, needs and wants to generate innovative solutions/product ideas that are commercially viable.
· BS Degree in Business or a Technical Discipline
· MBA is a plus
· At least 5 years of marketing or engineering exp
· A minimum of 2 years in a product mgmt experience with a technical product
· Experience managing products through full lifecycle
· Financial acumen
· Proven ability to build effective relationships with internal work partners and key customers.
· Retail related experience in areas like e-commerce, supply chain mgmt, delivery operations would be a plus
· Product mgmt. experience with big box retailers, Grocery Retailers, and/or Pharmacy.
· Ability to really drive the product discovery process to build an understanding of the retailer’s needs is critical.
· Willingness to do extensive domestic and some International Travel.
· Demonstrated record in developing new products and new market(s) entry
· Excellent project management, organizational, data and analytical skills
· Strong skills in facilitation and negotiation
· Superior written and presentation communication skills
· Ability to build and manage new relationships
· Ability to interact well with colleagues at all levels; effective problem solver and team player
· Must be well balanced between the strategic view of work and the tactical execution of the job
· PowerPoint presentation design, Word and Excel skills required
· Be self-directed, able to work independently; but also excel in a fluid, cross-functional team environment