Production Planner Columbia SC
A US corporation founded in 1905 employing 2600 people throughout the United states, with just under 150 persons at the Columbia, SC facility.
WHAT THIS COMPANY OFFERS YOU:
- Group Health program through Blue Cross Blue Shield, Dental Insurance via MetLife
- 401k with matching
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Group Life / AD&D / LTD / Voluntary Life / Voluntary STD
- Holidays and Paid Vacation time
- Annual Bonus program
- Longevity of employees
- Friendly atmosphere with special employee events (Monthly Birthday celebrations, Cook outs)
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
This individual will be responsible for creating, maintaining, and verifying the master schedule using Oracle JD Edwards and production scheduling application. Interface with product engineers, production, and other managers to streamline production schedules by optimizing production levels and meeting on time delivery requirements. Works to minimize labor and material shortages, backlogs, and other potential schedule interruptions. Provides ad hoc production schedule scenarios to accommodate requests from sales and / or operations. Provides feedback to product engineers related to product structure improvements and process flow improvements.
- Utilize Oracle JD Edwards and Production Scheduling to review manufacturing release schedules.
- Develop scheduling methodology that delivers a stable schedule, while still delivering agility when/where needed to support customer requirements.
- Compile and report monthly schedule metrics.
- Effectively communicate scheduling exceptions to Sales, Operations and Program Managers.
- Resolve demand/supply/capacity issues.
- Providing metrics indicating average weekly throughput, queue, and non-earning hours per machine resource, providing suggested root cause when able.
- Evaluate new or changed customer orders / escalations relative to shop load and delivery lead times and prioritizing/re-prioritizing jobs accordingly.
- Ensuring On-Time-Delivery
- Review new products/parts planning attributes and ensuring they are set up correctly.
- Review BOM and Route structures.
- Periodically review critical ERP planning attributes and keeping them aligned.
- Review Engineering Change Orders, preparing implementation plans and following up on them.
- Release required work orders in a timely fashion and promptly pushing their status to completion after reconciling variances.
- Strongly prefer the ability to create and maintain a valid Capacity Requirements Plan, supporting the Master Schedule and to review capacity performance and recommends necessary changes as needed.
- Prefer the ability to create analysis of demand data to identify trends for master schedule inputs and variance reporting
- Prefer the ability to develop master scheduling business process; establish planning cycle and time horizons
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4 year college or university and 3-5 years related experience
- APICs certificate desirable
- Knowledge of Tier 1 ERP systems
- Advanced MS Word and Excel skills
- Knowledge of Oracle JD Edwards
Salary : $55,000 – $75,000