Production Supervisor 2st Shift Columbia SC
A US corporation. The major manufacturing facility is located in Columbia, SC. It is a precision manufacturing facility offering services to multiple industries using ferrous and non-ferrous metals.
WHAT THIS COMPANY OFFERS YOU:
- Group Health and Dental program through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- 401k with matching
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Group Life / AD&D / STD / LTD / Voluntary Life
- 80 hours of holiday pay per year
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Group Banking Programs
- Employee purchase program for manufactured products
- On Site Clinic
- Wow Factor of the company products
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
The production supervisor is responsible for organizing and directing the work of the manufacturing operations engaged in performing diversified machining, assembly, and special processes
- Assist with implementation of lean principles and methods, measure lean implementation based on published KPI’s and sustain implemented improvements through standardization, training, and continuous improvement.
- Perform supervisory functions necessary for effective management – including hiring and training of employees, employee counseling, planning, organizing and measuring work performance.
- Provide leadership in union avoidance and administer Human resource policies (effective implementation of work, personnel and pay practices, timely and frank communication, managerial counsel, supervisory and employee development)
- Look for and provide solutions utilizing technical and shop knowledge to meet fluctuating schedules and resolve technical problems
- Ensures planned production levels, quality, efficiency, effectiveness, and budget objectives are met
- Participates in development of short and long range manufacturing objectives in cooperation with the manager, plans equipment and manpower utilization to assure maximum effectiveness and advises manager of requirements/excesses
- Instruct and advise employees in proper use and application of equipment and the operational methods to be followed such as use of measuring tools, reading and interpreting blueprints, OCS, etc.
- Responsible for dispositions of rejected/defective parts considering cost of rework, salvage probabilities, etc. and advises support functions of assistance required.
- Investigates and analyzes problems pertaining to manufacturing delays, quality discrepancies, inadequate machining methods etc. and determines corrective actions to be taken
- Assist manager in preparation ad justification of manpower, capital equipment, and operation budgets. Reviews and analyzes budget reports to improve performance to budget
- Establishes and maintains a safe working environment in accordance with OSHA and Company requirements
- Ensures compliance and actively coaches employees on the Five S program and implements and support Lean Manufacturing initiatives
- Should have a passion for manufacturing
- Bachelor’s degree in business or two-year technical degree in Engineering or Machine Tool
- 5years experience in a non-union metal working environment – with knowledge of CNC machining and set up
- Knowledge of inserts including wear characteristics, insert style (WNMG, VNMG, CCMT, etc.), insert nose radius and grade of insert
- Knowledge of operation aspects of the machines, powering machines up and down, bar feed operation, restarts, faults, etc.
- Ability to read and use calipers, micrometers and other measuring equipment
- Tooling knowledge – the ability to identify types of tooling and tooling wear characteristics
- Programming knowledge and ability
- Total exposure to a total quality environment and familiar with ISO 9000 and AS9100 standards
- Practical understanding of 5S and Lean manufacturing standards
- Basic Computer Skills and working knowledge of Excel and Microsoft word
- The ability to drive projects while maintaining day to day production
Salary : $69,000 – $85,000