Our client needs a Production Supervisor to lead their teams in the production of fabricated metal for the heavy vehicle market. This is a second shift position which runs from 3 PM to 11:30 PM.
- Establish expectations of workmanship to meet quality and productivity requirements and follow work in process closely to assure that these are maintained. Investigate processes that are out of conformance and take appropriate action to eliminate.
- Learn production equipment in order to new hires on processes
- Manage employees: Assure work assignments are being completed effectively, set performance and quality expectations, assist employees to resolve production problems, maintain accurate time records, ensure all employees have current and necessary training, maintain an orderly and safe work environment.
- Work closely with others in Manufacturing Operations to assure compliance with the established Manufacturing Procedures. Review processes and departmental layout to assure lowest production costs and highest shop labor efficiency.
- Participate in hiring process and help to develop training plans for new employees.
- Regularly assess employee performance to Company expectations, resolve employee problems, conduct investigations into safety, quality, or other incidents, and administer discipline within the corporate guidelines and in a timely manner.
- Conduct investigations necessary related to quality, safety, or other production related matters.
- Provide an example for all operators on following policies, rules, and meeting expectations.
- Associate’s degree in Operations Management or Engineering or a related field (BS is preferred)
- 2+ years in manufacturing and at least 1 year experience in leading teams
- Experience interacting with multiple groups of people and strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent safety records
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and balance conflicting priorities
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good computer skills
The company offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Health, dental, life and disability insurance
- 401K with match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Some relocation assistance through a sign on bonus
Jumps start your career and apply now! We review all resumes and applications submitted. A staff member will contact you directly if you meet the qualifications for the position.
Salary : $60,000 – $65,000