Very well established manufacturer of automotive plastic products in beautiful South Carolina has immediate need for a Project Engineer.
This position provides Engineering support to our client's production and to our client's Project Engineering Teams regarding quality issues, measurement data and measurement techniques, statistical methods and analysis, and regulatory issues. Manages the quality and regulatory aspects of mold and assembly qualification from initial customer contact, through project development, to ongoing manufacturing support. The position is largely self-directed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide support to project development teams regarding quality issues, measurement data and measurement techniques, statistical methods and analysis, and regulatory issues.
- Review and interpret customer blueprints and specifications for manufacturing feasibility and measurement capability.
- Communicate with customers to understand and define their quality requirements. Negotiate requirements when appropriate.
- Use designed experiments and FMEA techniques to identify robust processes and to improve existing ones. Obtain, verify, analyze, and present necessary measurement data to evaluate conformance to specification and to prove process capability.
- Includes oversight of measurement service providers to assure accuracy and correct interpretation. Conduct statistical studies of process capability and process control, and provide recommendations to product and process engineers on how to achieve capability.
- Creates and maintains molding and assembly Quality Plans for new and acquisition projects. Includes specifying process-control and inspection criteria, and selecting measurement techniques.
- Identify the need for custom gages and gage systems, obtain and qualify them, and when required, manage their design and construction.
- For automotive applications, assure that the mold and process approval process conforms with AIAG requirements including generation of a PPAP package and compliance with TS 16949.
May be called upon to assist, train, or direct the project efforts of less experienced team members.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
Satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill,
And/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
Disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- B.S. Degree in an engineering or applied science discipline.
- 3-5 years experience in the Engineering or Quality Assurance Field with at least 2 years experience with plastic injection molding and a minimum of 2 years experience in applying SPC techniques.
- TS 16949, QS9000, ISO or automotive quality systems experience.
- Computer experience with Windows, Excel, Word, and Lotus Notes, CAD.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- The ability to communicate and comprehend the English language, both verbally and written.
- The ability to work with coworkers in a team environment
- Must be motivated, detail oriented, and self-directed.
Salary : $60,000 – $70,000