Our client is a process driven, performance driven, high quality, advanced technology contract machining company that sells to various industries including aeronautics, space, energy, and consumer goods. They specialize in the design, engineering, programming, fabrication, manufacture and inspection of complex, close tolerance parts, assemblies and tooling. Committed to a Lean Philosophy, they are a growing, well-funded organization committed to helping their customers achieve competitive excellence and business growth.
The Project Manager is the primary technical coordinator for large scale projects managing the production and manufacturing processes from conception to completion. The Project Manager work directly with client and production team. Strong attention to detail is a must, as is a thorough understanding of the technical, financial, and physical demands of the manufacturing process. The ability to effectively implement changes and direct the process to completion without direct supervision over various teams is a must.
Project Manager Job Responsibilities:
· Responsible and accountable for the coordination of all activities on assigned projects and balancing customer’s requirement with efficient and cost-effective production versus budget. Provide leadership to other on the production control team.
· Communicate effectively with sales team, front office, processing, product control, shop leader, purchasing, quality, shipping/receiving, and machine maintenance keeping the informed and following up with them on any situations that need to be communicated to the customer or that could impede meeting customer’s needs.
· Work with shop leader to determine bottlenecks and potential late conditions and suggesting adjustments to overcome issues before they arise.
· Monitor conditions that adversely affect planned workflow, like late deliveries, conflicts with shop schedule, etc.
· Communicate and prepare Project Progress reports, attend meetings with customer, discuss and resolve difficult technical issues utilizing customer and company expertise.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
· BS in Industrial Engineering or other technical or relevant field
· MBA is a plus
· Project Mgmt certification is a plus
· At least 5 years leading projects with 2 years’ experience being for large complex projects
· Examined project proposals
· Plans the manufacturing process
· Directs to completion
· Find replacement products, materials or equipment as needed
· Make labor estimates
· Work with different functional areas
· Open to travel
Salary : $80,000 – $120,000