The Project Manager is the primary technical coordinator for large scale projects managing the production and manufacturing processes from conception to completion. They work directly with client and production team. Strong attention to detail is a must, as is a thorough understanding of the technical, financial, and physical demands of the manufacturing process. The ability to effectively implement changes and direct the process to completion without direct supervision over various teams is a must.
· Responsible and accountable for the coordination of all activities on assigned projects and balancing customer’s requirement with efficient and cost-effective production versus budget. Provide leadership to other on the production control team.
· Communicate effectively with sales team, front office, processing, product control, shop leader, purchasing, quality, shipping/receiving, and machine maintenance keeping the informed and following up with them on any situations that need to be communicated to the customer or that could impede meeting customer’s needs.
· Work with shop leader to determine bottlenecks and potential late conditions and suggesting adjustments to overcome issues before they arise.
· Monitor conditions that adversely affect planned workflow, like late deliveries, conflicts with shop schedule, etc.
· Communicate and prepare Project Progress reports, attend meetings with customer, discuss and resolve difficult technical issues utilizing customer and company expertise.
· BS in Industrial Engineering or other technical or relevant field
· MBA is a plus
· Project Mgmt certification is a plus
· At least 5 years leading projects with 2 years’ experience being for large complex projects
· Operational project mgmt skills – examines project proposals, plans the mfg process, and directs to complete
· Technical project mgmt skills – Microsoft Office, Gantt Charts, Macros Excel
· Experience working in an industrial mfg organization, with metal working experience being a plus
· Open to travel