Well established international manufacturer of metal stamped and assembled products has immediate need for a Purchasing Manager with a strong background in steel purchasing.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Manage production purchasing operations including working with vendors and internal and external customers.
- Investigate and secure vendors for materials and any other required raw materials and supplies.
- Maintain inventory for Plants to ensure that required materials are available when production is scheduled to begin
- Work with suppliers to achieve the required level of performance for quality and delivery. If a supplier is unable to meet these goals, suggest corrective action, including resourcing product.
- Work with production to establish required inventory levels
- Investigate and secure vendors for MRO items for all North American locations.
- Place certain orders with vendors and communicate their response with the requisitioner. Receive approvals on prices and purchases. Follow up with vendors to ensure proper delivery
- Procurement, purchasing, and maintenance of vendor files for raw materials
- JIT and planning schedules for raw materials
- Know and understand manufacturing capabilities and how those capabilities match the needs of a given customer or market
- Process customer releases and purchase orders
- Work with plants to ensure proper receiving is performed.
- Work with logistics, vendors and customer service to secure proper freight accommodations
- Monitor suppliers quality and report feedback to supplier and management
- Follow all applicable IATF 16949 policies, procedures and work instructions
- Generally, perform all other duties as required.
REQUIRED TRAINING FOR ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Global Automotive and Non-Automotive, Alternative Energy
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Purchasing, or related field / experience
Salary : $90,000 – $100,000