Sample materials, composite product samples, monitor, review, examine and conduct testing to ensure that all aspects of manufacturing at the facility is performed in accordance to written policies and procedures; and is in compliance with all applicable federal (FDA) state, local, international and third party regulatory requirements.
The essential functions of the position include:
- Entering all sample testing results in computer and paper data bases.
- Backup for evaluating and verify incoming receiving material COAs for accuracy and completeness.
- Inspect, sample (and composite samples when necessary) incoming raw materials, in-process samples and finished products for testing and retention.
- Conduct testing of raw materials, in-process samples and finished products in accordance to company policies, procedures and programs, and evaluate whether they meet the required material specifications.
- Sample testing may include color, odor, appearance, identity, particle size, pH, loose bulk density, tap density, scorched partials, protein, total solids and moisture.
- Coordinate the shipment of samples to external contract laboratories for testing and then receive and evaluate the results obtained to determine whether they meet the required material specifications.
- Provide customer sample requests.
- Maintain the retain sample management program.
- Assist with equipment qualification, calibration and maintenance programs.
- Issue Certificates of Analysis for finished products.
- Active participation in quality investigations, out of specification results, deviations and finished product complaints.
- Assist with the maintenance of SDS, allergen, process flow and special requirement documents for all incoming raw materials, in-process and finished products.
- Provide assistance with food safety and sanitation issues.
- Assist the Quality Assurance Manager, and Research and Development group with special projects.
- Use appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE); comply with all Environmental Health and Safety (EHS), and the facility Chemical Hygiene Plan (CHP).
- Execute all chemical use, material testing, and documentation thereof using Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and Good Documentation Practice (GDP), respectively.
- Adhere to the HACCP/food safety program to limit microbial risks and the potential for cross-contamination.
- Strictly comply with Current Good Manufacturing Practice (CGMP) and any other applicable federal and international regulatory requirements.
High School Diploma with scientific coursework, BA/BS degree – Technical or science related field such as biology, microbiology, chemistry or food science preferred.
Minimum 2 years of experience in a laboratory setting, Quality Assurance laboratory preferred.
Some experience in regulated environment (FDA and USDA).
Experience in following written procedures, protocols and manuals.
Desired experience in the Food or Dietary Supplement industry.
Salary : $40,000 – $50,000