Our client is an automotive supplier of metal components located in the beautiful state Vermont, and they need a quality engineer who is either from Vermont originally and wants to move back or is from surrounding states, like NH, Maine, or MA–or maybe CT.
The Quality Engineer will deliver results as a key member of the Quality team and Cross-functional teams (CFT) representing the customers’ best interests and assuring product quality and effectiveness throughout the product life cycle, from design through post-delivery support. The “hands-on” Quality Engineer will lead quality compliance and performance across value stream and products through applied Quality Sciences to increase speed, accuracy and delivery of Quality excellence. Will ensure delivered products meet development plan requirements and objectives for Quality and Safety throughout the value stream in product development, sourcing, and manufacturing processes through in-service sustainment.
- Formulate, document and maintain quality control standards and on-going quality control objectives. Create and implement inspection criteria, masters and procedures.
- Work with other Quality team members and Cross-functional team members to support development, supplier quality, quality projects and other continuous improvement work as assigned.
- Ability to engage early in the product planning stages to characterize sourcing, manufacturability or project risks to ensure product quality performance.
- Engage and apply practical problem solving methods and root cause analysis and corrective actions on product investigations (e.g. customer complaints and customer feedback).
- Review practices, procedures and processes seeking avenues to improve efficiencies and effectiveness and reduce risk to product safety and quality. Perform independent assessments.
- Provide technical review and analysis of deviations, material review board, performance metrics and anomaly conditions. Write technical reports and memos.
- Identify systemic performance issues, propose and implement solutions to ensure root cause analysis and ensure corrective solutions are implemented with closure in Corrective Action system.
- Provide on-site assessment and evaluation of Sonnax suppliers and engage and collaborate to develop suppliers quality, delivery performance and continuous improvement plans.
- Analyze data, interpret trends, and initiate improvement on key performance metrics.
- Identify and insure documentation of potential risk with mitigation plans.
- B.S or equivalent and five (5) or more years of experience in engineering, process methods, inspection and/or Quality Control; experience in precision metal fabrication preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with Lean, Continuous Improvement, Six Sigma Methodologies; certification a plus.
- Understanding of Metrology preferred.
- Knowledge of GD & T desirable.
- ASQ certification, training preferred.
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems ISO9001, TS16949 preferred.
- Experience using statistical process control tools.
- Excellent problem solving skills and use of quality tools.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional team environment.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook applications, including Mini-tab.
Salary : $65,000 – $75,000