Supports the company’s quality function and provides quality related support to the areas supported. Assures that the departments supported comply with ISO 9001:2000 quality standard.
The Quality Engineer is an important liaison between customers and the Operations organization. The Quality Engineer’s activities include monitoring PPM levels and at major customers, working with Operations to identify and implement corrective actions, and providing performance feedback to the appropriate department within the company.
The Quality Engineer is responsible for receiving and recording customer complaints in the Customer Concern Database. Assures that Corrective Action Requests made by the customer are logged in the database and communicated to the responsible department.
The Quality Engineer is responsible for initiating and monitoring continuous improvement activities including customer corrective actions, internal corrective/preventive actions, error-proofing, and scrap reduction with supported departments.
Perform root cause analysis independently, or with outside expertise, process failures to support corrective actions function of responsible department.
Identify, implement and Document procedures for the improvement of internal, or customer, quality performance, or for the improvement of the quality system.
Support the introduction of new products and processes through Product Realization and Engineer Change Notice procedures.
Issues and updates ISO work instruction documents for the departments supported. Maintains ISO compliance through annual audits, informal audits and continual improvements to the quality system.
Assists Quality Manger during external audits of the quality system.
Establish positive relationships with all customers. Travel to major customers as needed during new product development, product launch, solving quality problems, or maintaining good will.
Recommend new equipment purchases for Department use or quality improvement. Write Capital Expenditure Requests to justify new capital purchases.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technology.
At least three (3) years' experience in a manufacturing environment as a Quality Engineer or other hands-on problem-solving role.
Knowledge of ISO9001:2000, TS16949 or QS9000 quality standards and their application within a manufacturing environment.
Desired Personal Characteristics:
- Excellent leadership skills, able to effect change throughout all levels of the organization.
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
- Superior interpersonal abilities. Ability to get along with diverse personalities (including hostile customers), tactful, mature, flexible.
- Good reasoning abilities. Sound judgment.
- Good communication skills.
- Participative management style—advocate of team concept.
- Results and people oriented, but have sound judgment—ability to balance other business considerations. Service oriented, but assertive/persuasive and decisive.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Salary : $45,000 – $60,000