International manufacturer of automotive components has immediate need for a quality engineer.
Plans and directs activities concerned with development, application and maintenance of quality standards for the compounding of materials. Conducts daily routine testing and data analysis for release of production material. Plays an active/leadership role in Six Sigma functions of the Compounding team
We are looking for an aspiring Quality Engineering Professional with a passion for Manufacturing!
- Responsible for implementation, evaluation, guidance and consultation on all quality related policies, procedures and standards with enforcement of these items.
- Completes paperwork requirements for initial sample approvals, prototypes and annual PPAP’s using the new PPAP (production part approval process) and control plan.
- Determines compound-specific capabilities and relates information to customers.
- Devises sampling procedures, designs forms for recording, evaluating and reporting quality and reliability data and writes instructions on use of forms.
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for disposition and devises methods to assess cost and responsibility of discrepant material.
- Completes paperwork for customer rejections and complaints (8-D, 4-D and CCRA)
- Routinely interfaces with quality and process engineering at FPA (Findlay) and FPI (Troy).
- Conducts daily routine testing and data analysis for the release of production material.
- Responsible to perform gauge R&R’s, calibrate measurement tools, fixtures and gages
- TS16949:2002 experience.
- May specialize in any of the following areas of quality-control engineering as incoming raw material, process control, product evaluation or product reliability.
Salary : $70,000 – $75,000