BASIC FUNCTION AND WORK PERFORMED
The Quality Engineer will be responsible for establishing parameters and measurements to ensure that parts manufactured by our facility or received from the supply chain meet established requirements. Non-conformance must be documented and corrected to meet developed standards.
- Collaborate with production, design engineering, and customers to determine critical part features and review manufacturability of design.
- Provide engineering support to operations ensuring consistent application of quality techniques – resolving issues of capability, tolerancing, and materials related issues.
- Resolve quality issues by identifying problems, examining solution options, and implementing action plans.
- Develop and submit PPAP documents for new product launches and to meet customer requirements.
- Determine when process stability and capability studies should be performed on existing processes. Recommend changes to processes based upon findings and perform follow up to verify effectiveness.
- Coordinate pre-launch production trial run process monitoring.
- Participate in the development of Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FEMA).
- Maintain Control Plans and FMEA’s throughout the life of a part.
- Facilitate and promote use of appropriate problem solving techniques for effective root cause analysis and successful corrective action.
- Lead PPM improvement plans.
Familiar with UL, ANSI, ISO and MIL-STD, machine manufacturing tolerances, advanced material properties and performance. Specific experience in valve sizing, and calculations for operating parameters according to ASME specifications.
Knowledge of use of statistical techniques in a manufacturing environment that includes CNC machining and assembly areas.
Bachelor degree in Engineering, prefer Mechanical or Manufacturing
Experience in a certified quality management system (eg. ISO or other)
Proven track record of driving continuous quality improvement in manufacturing environment
Previous work experience in an organization that supplied large OEM’s.
Previous audit experience.
Salary : $60,000 – $67,000