This is a Direct Hire Position
Our client is a growing precision machine shop that has 5 climate controlled plants located in Wisconsin.
Skill-set: Quality Inspector must have a strong background in dimensional inspection and machining methods. Must be able to interpret manufacturing drawings and understand GD&T tolerances. Extensive CMM programming/operation using PC-DMIS is preferred. This is a “hands on” plant floor position.
Job Description: The main function of the Quality Inspector will be to act as the liaison between quality (inspection) and manufacturing/programming for the assigned plant(s). Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Communicate results of inspections with relevant parties (machinists, supervisors, programmers) in a timely manner so that if necessary adjustments can be made to make a compliant part or, if part is conforming, production may continue.
- Work with manufacturing (machinists and supervision) to improve the efficiency of in-process inspection so that the critical/key features are inspected and documented with minimal disruption while still meeting customer and quality requirements.
- Lead, with manufacturing support, in the identification of quality problems and the development and implementation of corrective actions intended to prevent reoccurrence of these issues.
- Augment inspections and assist production by setting up required gages as necessary.
- Work with machinists on an on-going basis to ensure that they understand the quality/inspection requirements that the actions that they are taking have a high probability of making a conforming part.
- Actively work with the machinists on new job set-ups to ensure that the quality requirements are understood.
- Work with Plant and Shipping Supervision to develop inspection priorities.
- Conduct CMM inspections when needed
Why join our team?
- Stability and growth – we serve many diverse industries which keeps business stable and our machinists constantly learning.
- Environment – Our team believes in 5 core values (Quality Excellence, Can-Do-Attitude, Respectful, Truthful and being Generous).
- Low turnover – Our average tenure is 14 years. We have employees with 40+ years of service.
Our client offers health, dental, vision, PTO, life insurance, 401k contribution, tuition reimbursement, family friendly environment and quarterly profit sharing. Don’t feel like starting over? We can often expedite PTO and branch health insurance coverage.
Salary : $37,440 – $45,760