The night shift Quality Laboratory Supervisor will utilize a team approach to create a safe and productive working environment while directing all laboratory technicians. The night shift Quality Laboratory Supervisor shall work to maximize quality product output while following established Standard Operating Procedures, and product safety principles which provide for the general health and well being of our consumers. The night shift Quality Laboratory Supervisor will work with the day shift Quality Laboratory Supervisor/Manager, production supervisors, department managers, administrative staff, production support staff, and the plant operations manager to ensure that these expectations are met. The night shift Quality Laboratory Supervisor will report to the Manager of Quality Assurance. The position will require some overtime work, including some weekends. The night shift Quality Laboratory Supervisor will work when needed on different shifts and should be flexible in their work schedules.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for performing quality control functions in compliance with GMPs.
- Maintains adherence to company policies, safety standards, HACCP standards, sanitation standards, and good housekeeping practices.
- Supervision responsibilities of staffing all quality control laboratory technicians to ensure coverage for production, training, motivating the department, and approval of vacation.
- Responsible for management of laboratory equipment to ensure compliance with equipment manuals, cleanliness and good laboratory practices.
- Responsible for ordering laboratory supplies to ensure continuing operations of the laboratory.
- Responsible for the calibration of all the QA equipment in the plant to include the lab equipment.
- Responsible for NCP categorization and that product inventory on hold is managed per the applicable procedures. Ensures each day that Category one product is locked up, the hold inventory is correct and released items are not in the hold areas using the daily hold inventory document.
- Responsible for laboratory procedures, writing, maintaining and training the quality control technicians in procedures according to SQF procedures.
- Responsible for monthly plant wide GMP and Glass/Brittle Plastic audits.
- Oversees preventive maintenance activities for laboratory equipment; coordinates activities with day shift Quality Laboratory Supervisor/Quality Coordinator or vendors as applicable.
- Oversees all sanitation changeovers, pre-operational, and cleaning inspections so that they are executed properly and completed in a timely manner.
- Perform skilled quality assurance, inspection and in testing of and examining the quality and reliability of products at various stages of production to maintain or increase the quality of goods produced.
- Support continuous improvement in everything we do.
- Ascertain in depth knowledge of product manufacturing procedures, specifications and testing methods.
- Facilitate company quality initiatives through support of SQF.
- Maintain constant awareness of all ongoing production operations through participation in daily meetings and constant communication with the operations and quality teams.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of all paperwork and system automated checks and/or requirements (operating, regulatory, etc), including oversight, communication, and corrective action for operator submitted documents or missed checks.
- Reviews all laboratory paperwork on a daily basis and corrects errors found in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate knowledge and compliance with all HACCP, SOPs, GMP’s and SSOP’s. Keep abreast of SQF and demonstrate the effectiveness with the Lab Technicians and Plant Operators.
- Provide leadership and quality oversight to the manufacturing and packaging processes through effective decision making and communication.
- Effectively replace the day shift Quality Laboratory Supervisor in daily production paper work review and release of product during periods of vacation or absence.
- Conduct performance reviews of direct reports.
Training – Education & Experience:
A BS degree is not required, but preferred. Will take into consideration past work experience for this position. At a minimum on the job training should last approximately 8 weeks and should cover all quality functions. Shall also cover any (for new laboratory technician hires) HR training.
- Demonstrate knowledge of retort process by earning a Better Food Processing School Certificate (both retort and LACF)
- Achieve HACCP, SQF, and Internal auditing Certification
- 2 – 3 years of supervisory experience
- Must be able to work when deemed necessary
Salary : $55,000 – $70,000