Our client is a growing 85+ person company in the food industry. The objective of the position is to ensure product quality and safety meet regulatory and third party audit requirements, conformance of all products to specifications, continually improve quality management and assurance program, and manage the quality staff. This is a great job looking for someone to take the next step in their career in to management, 6 reports.
- Manage all quality assurance systems, food safety, sanitation, Good Marketing Practices (GMP) and Hazard Analysis & Critical Control (HACCP) programs, contaminant and allergen controls, microbiological testing, and kosher and Halal certifications; train employees regarding such programs and controls.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable food laws and regulations, and the Food Safety Modernization Act.
- Responsible for managing FSSC22000 standard, and all corresponding activities.
- Research and qualify vendors through facilitation, training and vendor audit programs.
- Approve and monitor chosen suppliers of ingredients and packaging materials via vendor assurance and quality monitoring programs, including, but not limited to, sampling, testing and reporting on raw material quality.
- Establish, design and facilitate internal audits and monitor all in-process samples and finished products as per established quality methods.
- Manage company’s complaint program; this includes, but is not limited to ensuring that all complaints are adequately documented, trend reports are prepared, corrective action initiated, and appropriate dialogue with the customer is completed
- Maintain all necessary quality assurance records.
- Lead and prepare third-party audits and plant inspections with key customers.
- Act as a liaison with outside customers on quality system requirements and resolve product complaints and recalls.
- Manage equipment testing and calibration.
- Troubleshoot equipment problems and initiate corrective actions.
- Manage team of 6+ quality assurance technicians and technical associates.
- Communicate effectively with management and other employees.
- Bachelor's degree in food science, biological science or related discipline.
- 3+ years prior experience in a quality assurance role with a food manufacturing facility
- Experience and understanding of food ingredients, nutritional labels, governmental regulations including HACCP and GFSI
- Proficient computer skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Health and dental
- 401K with match
- Profit sharing
- Relocation assistance for strong candidates
Let's move your career forward and apply now. We review all resumes and applications submitted. A member of our staff will reach out to you directly if you meet the qualifications for this role. The client will not sponsor visas.
Salary : $70,000 – $75,000