Are you a Quality Manager/Quality Engineer who wants to be a "big fish in a small pond?" Are you a Quality Manager/Quality Engineer who has metal fabrication experience? Are you a Quality Manager/Quality Engineer who wants to play a key role in a growing manufacturing company that provides customized wear production solutions for worldwide industrial applications? If you can answer "yes" to these questions, you should consider this opportunity.
Our client has been ensuring productivity for more than 90 years. Industrial plants the size of small towns, mighty machines, snarling steel giants, excavators as tall as houses, clattering mills are all part of the world of our client. Our client feels at home surrounded by all the brute force of the raw materials industry. Our client provides effective wear protection for the raw materials and power generation industries, and our client makes sure plants are equipped to handle the huge flows of raw materials, ensuring their productivity and keeping all their processes flowing smoothly. Our client is there to provide commitment, unique manufacturing know-how and over 600 dedicated specialists.
Reporting to the President, the Quality Manager manages, plans, directs, coordinates, monitors, and executes activities related to ensuring the quality of our client's processes and end products. The Quality Manager develops comprehensive strategies and plans; management of quality activities and projects within the company. He/she works with Sales, Engineering and Operations to establish goals for the department in accordance with the overall business strategy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Quality Manager:
- Responsible for both internal and external quality management and certification, as well as field service project quality. This includes ISO 9001 certifications, specific quality procedures, operational quality responsibilities, management and adherence.
- Heads the continuous improvement process (CIP).
- Responsible for the quality of material coming in the door that is used to produce our client's product and the finished product as it heads to the customers' doors.
- Responsible for reporting Quality status, through metrics, to the senior management team as well as to the parent company.
- Works with the company's International Quality team to maintain organizational quality standards and procedures, and conduct quality improvement studies and projects.
Additional tasks /duties:
- Responsible for all operational quality aspects to ensure a state of the art quality process.
- Among these are product and project related quality plans or ITP’s, measurement tool management system, worker self-assessment procedures, incoming inspection procedures and supplier qualification procedures. Customer Complaint and Corrective Action management.
- Rresponsible for maintaining and defending all relevant certifications needed, by representing the company with external auditors and certification bodies’.
- Execution of internal audits to demonstrate and prove the proper use and function of the ISO procedures in all areas of the company.
- Perform inspections of purchased parts, subassemblies or finished company products and document according to well defined criteria using standard physical and mechanical properties.
- Maintain all controlled document files and test records in a timely and accurate manner.
- Monitor critical measurement equipment and instrumentation to ensure proper operation and calibration.
- Prepare & maintain written project specific Quality Plans, including multi-discipline inspection procedures, taking into consideration the specific equipment and construction means and methods required for each project
- Authorize & enforce ISO 9001 and other related compliance programs related to production
- Oversee master welding plans and performance, weld maps & developing and qualifying welding procedures including Non-Destructive Examination (NDE) and post-weld heat treating (PWHT) requirements, including on-site welder testing plans
- Review and ensure engineering drawings, specifications and other documents produced by Engineering are in compliance with codes & standards and contractual requirements
- Effectively manages the Non-Conformance Reporting, Corrective and Preventive Actions program and continual improvement programs to drive continual improvement within the company.
- Help create and effectively manage the Quality departmental budget
- Engineering Associates Degree in a relative technical field
- 4-5 years in production environment, with background with ISO 9001 quality system implementation and maintenance.
- Experience may be as a QE or a Quality Manager
- 3 years’ experience in managing a QA/QC Program, including budgeting.
- Experience in a metal fabrication environment.
- Welding experience a plus.
- Solid experience working both with vendors and customers.
Our client is seeking only local/commutable candidates, as there is no relocation assistance offered.
Salary : $65,000 – $80,000