Responsible for inspecting and monitoring parts to ensure good quality parts are produced. Lead and or support the production area in continuous improvement efforts. Ensure quality products are delivered to customers and address customer concerns and issues. The department is structured as a formal team, and requires the ability to work within the team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Set-up and check dimensions on parts, using metrology instruments, to ensure parts meet quality standards and that dimensions are accurate
- Enter data into the computer from paper documents for record keeping purposes
- Check, sort, and file paperwork
- Red tag and create repair orders for non-conforming parts
- Interface with the Quality Manager to address quality issues
- Resolve customer issues at the customer level
- Ability to act as liaison between the company and the customer
- Perform gage studies and capability studies
- Problem solving
- Continuous improvement activities, support Red X / DOE activities
- Various other duties as required by the department
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School diploma or equivalent, required, with completion of apprentice program or equivalent experience.
Two to Three years of experience
Ability to follow established procedures
Strong attention to detail and multi-tasking ability
Knowledge of TS16949 quality standards and Statistical process control (SPC); stamping; GD&T and blueprint reading.
Must be able to operate basic metrology instruments, optical comparator, hardness tester and Coordinate Measurement Machine. Calibration of equipment gages
Perform sorts, audits or rework products
Communication skills to communicate and interact with all levels of employees, customers and suppliers Computer skills and math skills sufficient to perform department related tasks are required
Ability to work effectively with people
Safety glasses and hearing protection required. Other safety equipment required on an as needed basis.
Working environment and physical requirements of this position are those typical of an office setting and manufacturing environment.
Working environment and physical requirements of this position are those typical of a manufacturing environment. Job requires very frequent visual effort and concentration, and the ability to move throughout the plant. The ability to lift 40 pounds is required. The work requires regular standing, moving about, and involves a variety of physical activities. Travel to customer locations as needed.
Salary : $36,000 – $36,500