Would you love to be living in Upstate New York near Montreal, Canada and have luxury of being able to hike in the Adirondack Mountains? If you would like to be able to hike, fish or canoe after a long day or week of work, this is a great place to consider that offers wonderful work/life balance. Additional nearby attractions include Burlington, Vermont, and the old and walled Quebec City, Canada (5hour drive), which has a very European feel and hosts many excellent and inexpensive summertime events.
Please know our client is not able to offer relocation allowance.
Our client is in need of a Clinical Dietician to be working alongside a Hospital Food Service Director.
To be considered you should have:
- 2 years experience as a registered dietitian
- Comfortable with promoting nutrition through public speaking and community outreach programs, keeping abreast of the latest research in nutritional and food sciences.
- Travel across the Health System supporting the patient needs in the region
- Assesses the nutritional status of neonates/infants, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and/or geriatric inpatient and outpatient population, through documentation in the medical record.
- Experience using parameters such as anthropometric measurements, visual assessment, and interpretation of laboratory values
- Experience in supervision: purchasing and charge master as it relates to billing for nutritional counseling services.
- You should have good computer skills having the ability to operate a standard computer, including basic use of MS applications such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Our client uses Meditech system… you should be able to possess the skills necessary to learn to operate this system.
In this role you will be working in collaboration with :
- A Nutritionist and Diabetic Educator to meet the needs of the community.
- The Hospitalist Providers to monitor and promote nutrition of the inpatient population.
- A strong partnership in care is promoted by the Medical and Radiation Oncology team
- The Clinical Dietician assists with establishment of goals and oversees implementation of clinical nutrition care
Our client offers a full comprehensive benefits package that includes PTO, Major medical insurance coverage, 401K and opportunity for career growth. Salary depends on years of experience. Please email us your resume along with salary requirements and best days/times to reach you.
Salary : $67,500 – $84,500