Internet enabled devices are becoming a huge business in both consumer and industrial applications. Our client is a manufacturer of products that help devices get connected to industrial networks and the Internet. They are seeking a technical person with a background in embedded systems to join their sales team in the US Central region as a Sales Engineer calling on accounts directly.
Why work here?
- With a concentration of customers in IL, MI, WI, OH and MN, and others in TX, MS, and LA, the Sales Engineer can live near anywhere in the Central US region!
- Global company with US HQ in Chicago
- Team-based culture and they work hard to hire team players, everyone supports each other!
- Survey of employees in US – approval rating was 96%!
- 20% growth yearly for last several years!
- Management team is very accessible!
- 100% insurance premiums paid by company for employee and 50% of dependents premium!
- driving specification and usage of product families with a primary focus on Machine Builders and OEM Device Manufacturers; requires the individual to be competent in digital hardware and microprocessor development or embedded software development; along with Ethernet and TCP/IP communication protocol knowledge
- managing active customer accounts and identifying new opportunities within those accounts
- identifying prospect accounts and making sales calls
- acting as a representative of the company at industry events and meetings
- managing and interpreting customer requirements – speaking with customers to understand, anticipate and meet their needs
- maintaining records of customer communication and sales activity in their CRM and established internal communication systems
- achieving sales quotas and assigned strategic account objectives
- maintaining a high degree of technical knowledge to allow in-depth technical presentations and discussions with customers
- developing account management plans to grow business within large accounts
- generating technical sales proposals and contracts
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field
- Working technical knowledge in industrial automation controls, industrial communication protocols or Ethernet and TCP/IP technologies
- 3-5 years in a customer-facing role selling or supporting engineered /embedded products and solutions
- Excellent communication skills
- Great organizational skills and ability to successfully multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Proficient in Customer Relationship Management applications (MS-CRM, Salesforce, etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Salary : $100,000 – $150,000