Progressive regional CPA / Professional Services firm has an exceptional career opportunity within their litigation support practice. We are one of the leading professional service firms providing accounting, tax, financial management, and advisory services in the specialized areas of insolvency, litigation, forensic accounting, probate accounting, fiduciary services, and business operations management. As a niche practice within a larger firm, we are able to provide the select skills needed for engagements requiring expertise in traditional accounting, audit, and tax, as well as forensic accounting.
Why work for our firm:
We are very entrepreneurial and consulting oriented, and have been ranked among the best CPA firms to work for in the U. S. Clients include both SEC and closely held corporations in a variety of industries, along with high net worth individuals. We are a great alternative to the Big 4 for prospective employees, as well as clients seeking more personalized service. We do not maintain a high stress, demanding 'corporate' culture, and employees are not treated as a number or one of the masses. Work environment is not at all typical of the public accounting grind and we offer a very reasonable work/life balance, high base salaries, overtime paid at time and one half, a superb benefit package, and excellent career growth potential. You will gain unparalleled experience in a uniquely diversified practice with an excellent team spirit.
We love to reward our valuable and deserving team members with bonuses and promotions!
Senior Accountant / Litigation Analyst: Responsibilities:
As a Senior Accountant/Litigation Analyst, you will be a valuable member of the team, performing work of a highly diverse nature, including general accounting, trust accounting, financial analysis, litigation support, forensic accounting, audit, and tax preparation for individuals, corporations, partnerships and trusts.
· Assurance services, with emphasis on compilation and review engagements.
· Preparation of client monthly accounting and financial statements.
· Preparation of individual, corporate, partnership, LLC and fiduciary tax returns.
· Analysis of financial data and preparation of reports in conjunction with forensic accounting, insolvency, and litigation support work.
Senior Accountant / Litigation Analyst: Requirements:
· BA or BS degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
· 3-4 years’ general accounting, audit, and/or tax experience, preferably with a public accounting firm.
· CPA license or working toward certification.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Demonstrated fundamental knowledge of technical accounting and financial reporting standards under the GAAP.
· Min. 1-2 years’ experience with compilations and reviews of financial statements, as well as experience in tax and/or audit.
· Ability to organize work and projects, prioritize, meet deadlines, and complete work in an efficient and accurate manner.
· Strong accounting skills, ability to reason and multi-task.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, QuickBooks, CaseWare. Knowledge of Profx tax a plus.
· Attentive to detail, self-sufficient, requiring minimal supervision.
· Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills.
· Dependable, with excellent attendance record and stable work history.
Salary : $65,000 – $75,000