Our client is located in the greater Madison area and is in need of a Senior R&D Design Engineer. This is a growing company with a need to add a talented engineer to its staff.
- Develop designs for new products and improving of existing products.
- Direct or coordinate building of prototype systems or products.
- Use FEA and other analytical tools to determine structural integrity.
- Plan and develop experimental test programs and procedures.
- Analyze test data and reports and prepare design modifications.
- Work with vendors to evaluate and select components.
- Generate materials list for estimating purposes.
- Interact with customers to provide technical information about products.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or a closely related degree is required.
- Professional Engineer (PE) is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing designing products. Preference for experience designing mobile structures such as: trailers and chassis.
- Experience with finite element analysis (FEA) is required.
- Experience with R&D projects including, prototyping, testing and analysis.
- CAD skills
- Knowledge of materials including steel, aluminum and composite materials and processes such as welding, riveting and assembly
- Excellent communication skills and presentation skills needed.
Bonus target 10%
Health, dental and life insurance
401K with match
Vacation and holidays
Let us move your career forward and apply now. We review all resumes and applications submitted. A member of our staff will reach out to you directly if you meet the qualifications for this role. No sponsorship is available.
Salary : $85,000 – $100,000