Our client is a small division of an international supplier of custom fluid handling equipment. They are aggressively growing and adding to their Madison staff. They are looking to add a Senior Mechanical Engineer to their team! This position reports directly to the Engineering Manager.
- Global company resource for product development and design of fluid handling equipment.
- Interpret and research product requirements, identify and address design parameters and engineering problems, and ensure solutions are implemented accurately and within budget.
- Responsible for project success as project leader or as part of a project team.
- Ensure all relevant objectives and legal requirements are met.
- Provide technical support to external and internal customers.
- Participate in presentation of solutions to customers.
- Work in tandem with the Sales Team on pre-sales technical concepts and budgeting activities.
- Provide critical review and guidance to teammate’s analysis and designs.
- Assist in resolving operational issues.
- Define parts from external suppliers.
- Create bill of materials.
- Support manufacturing of prototypes.
- Create customer documentation.
- Work with product testing for verification and validation purposes both in house and at customer sites.
- Troubleshoot product failures.
- Work with updates and continuous improvement of existing products and processes.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering with 5+ years of experience or MS in Mechanical Engineering with 3 + years of experience.
- Engineering experience with fluid handling equipment required. Preferably rotating equipment.
- Extremely strong analytical skills and be personally driven to take on new challenges and build career
- Proven track record of successfully completed product development projects from concept through to completion and on to the customer
- Experienced with 3D CAD (SolidWorks).
- Strong communication skills and an appreciation of cross-cultural interactions. (Division in Sweden, UK, China and the U.S.)
- Familiarity with sanitary equipment design principles (3-A, EHEDG) is a plus.
- Unity Health Insurance (company currently covers 70% of the premium).
- Disability Insurance (company currently covers 100% of the premium)
- Dental Insurance (company currently covers 100% of the premium)
- Payroll with direct deposit
- Employee basic life insurance
- Simple IRA (company currently matches up to 3% of employee contribution )
- Flex Spending Account
- We are currently looking into increasing the company match on Simple IRA.
- Vacation and PTO
Let us move your career forward and apply now. We review all resumes and applications submitted. A member of our staff will reach out to you directly if you meet the qualifications for this role. No visa sponsorship is available
Salary : $85,000 – $120,000