Our prestigious manufacturing client is in need of multiple Shift Supervisors for all shifts. The details of the job are the following:
Responsible for supervising all manufacturing operations and employees on first, second or third shift.
DUTES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive manufacturing team toward execution of business goals using Lean manufacturing methodology
- Leading the Shift operation to meet and improve schedule dates, reduce process times, maintain inventory accuracy and reduce inventory levels, and increase the utilization of resources.
- Evaluates and updates the performance of team members against their job requirements and performance goals within the time frame designated for their position level.
- Develop the employee’s work skills to improve department throughput and reduce scrap/rework, implement error proofing to eliminate operator errors.
- Review the job requirements of subordinates and updates as required at each performance review.
- Monitor the conformance of subordinates to existing quality, safety, time reporting, and other work rule procedures. Provide instruction and counseling as necessary.
- Control manpower and materials needed to complete jobs accurately and on time.
- Ensure employee’s personal safety by providing safety training for all aspects of the job and department.
- Research new processes and equipment that may improve throughput and profitability.
- Mold changes / set-up – needs to know / or become familiar with the tooling and machine controls in order to set up machines to produce a variety of products based on system schedules / part requirements.
- Assume responsibility for the epoxy-process molding centers and pressure gelation equipment, and all molding machines – must be able to maintain production, trouble shoot, and perform simple preventative maintenance on the equipment as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Three to five years of experience working in a manufacturing environment.
Salary : $70,000 – $85,000