We are searching for a highly skilled and talented Software Designer. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work in an innovative environment and lead a highly skilled team of Designers on controls engineering projects.
As the Software Designer, you will work closely with hardware design and other engineering staff to evaluate interfaces between hardware and software and operation performance requirements of overall system. Develops and directs software system programming and documentation.
We are looking for experienced candidates who will:
- Review hardware designs, process (sequence of operation) and consult with engineering staff to understand application requirements.
- Utilize existing customer and internal standards as well as references from previous projects to develop and customize all required application specific software (i.e. PLC ladder logic, HMI files).
- Create an issues matrix documenting problems / corrective actions discovered by manufacturing personnel during tryout for inclusion in lessons learned library.
- Support manufacturing team during tool tryout, buyoff, and installation which may include diagnosing and correcting design errors and coordinating updates resulting from customer changes.
- Have the ability to travel (short durations) to attend customer meetings, field checks or installation support.