Electrical Engineer – Control Systems Simulation
Located in either Oklahoma or Wisconsin (your choice) this is an exceptional company who is a leader in the development of machine controls, Horizontal Directional Drill (HDD) guidance and utility locating tools for the underground construction industry.
Their engineers provide the innovative drive for best-in-class products applying control algorithms, HIL/SIL tools, electromagnetic field theory, radar technologies, wireless communication schemes and robust embedded system design to create solutions that can withstand the harsh environments of our industry.
Basically, they are bringing the 21st century to the construction industry.
This company offers an exceptional work environment, salary, benefits (including relocation), and continuous career advancement potential.
Due to the sustained growth of their business, we have been retained to help fill 6 different engineering positions in their R&D group. Due to the convenient multisite structure of the company, any of these positions can be in either Lake Mills, Wisconsin or Perry, Oklahoma.
This particular role is for an Electrical Engineer – Control Systems Simulation who will
- work closely with the Research, Development and Engineering Team to design, develop and maintain machine controls simulation systems, simulation tools, and/or electronic controls for use in conjunction with their products.
- Develop, debug and/or improve electronic designs for embedded controls, displays, and communication applications in the underground construction market.
- Participate in the definition and specification of the machine controls simulation systems.
- As an individual or team member, design and implement high-quality machine controls simulation systems that meet product requirements.
- Resolve integration issues that involve multiple controllers and/or developers.
- Work closely with electronic, system and software design engineers to optimize overall product performance.
- Provide product technical support to internal customers.
- Participate in the development of software to interface with test equipment.
- Work with software engineers to define interfaces and optimize hardware/software performance.
- Thoroughly test and evaluate the embedded electronics to ensure maximum quality and functionality.
- Create hardware & firmware design and validation documentation.
• US Citizenship or Permanent Resident status.
• 4+ years of control system simulation work.
• Proficiency designing Control Systems simulation equipment.
• Proficiency in the selection and use of Input/Output simulation hardware like NI, Agilent, etc.
• Proficiency in C / C++ / C# programming languages, data structure and/or object-oriented design.
• Proficiency working with LabVIEW, dSPACE, MatLab/Simulink or similar simulation software.
• Experience with Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS.)
Salary : $1 – $1