System Requirements Engineer (Software Test and Simulation)
This job can be located in either Oklahoma or Wisconsin (your choice) with this exceptional company who a leader in the development of machine controls, Horizontal Directional Drill (HDD) guidance and utility locating tools for the underground construction industry.
Their engineers provide the innovative drive for best-in-class products applying control algorithms, HIL/SIL tools, electromagnetic field theory, radar technologies, wireless communication schemes and robust embedded system design to create solutions that can withstand the harsh environments of our industry.
Basically, they are bringing the 21st century to the construction industry.
This company offers an exceptional work environment, salary, benefits (including relocation), and continuous career advancement potential.
Due to the sustained growth of their business, we have been retained to help fill 6 different engineering positions in their R&D group. Due to the convenient multisite structure of the company, any of these positions can be in either Lake Mills, Wisconsin or Perry, Oklahoma.
This particular role is for a System Requirements (Software Test and Simulation) Engineer who will
- work closely with the Research, Development and Engineering Team to design, develop and maintain software requirements and test plans for the applications, electronic controls, simulation tools, and/or embedded firmware used in our products.
- Establish and implement effective requirements capture practices, including development, use and continuous improvement of a requirements gathering process. Assist with the development of the organization’s requirements engineering policies, procedures, and tools.
- Work with the product line manager(s), design team manager(s), and/or project sponsor(s) to document the product’s vision and the project’s scope.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, storyboards, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, event lists, business analysis, competitive product analysis, task and workflow analysis, and/or viewpoints.
- Write requirements specifications according to standard templates, using simple, clear, unambiguous, and concise natural language.
- Decompose high-level business and user requirements into functional and quality requirements with an appropriate level of detail suitable for use by the design team.
- Define quality attributes, external interfaces, constraints, and other nonfunctional requirements.
- Represent requirements using alternative views, such as analysis models (diagrams) or scenarios, where appropriate.
- Lead requirements analysis and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable, and that they conform to standards.
- Participate in requirements prioritization.
- Manage changes to baseline requirements through effective application of change control processes and tools.
- Implement processes and procedures to reuse requirements across projects.
- Identify processes and procedures to assist product line management in product planning through requirements development and analysis.
- Propose new product features and updates.
• US Citizenship or Permanent Resident status.
• 5+ years of experience writing, allocating and tracing electronics/firmware requirements in automotive, off-road, agricultural, aerospace or military industries.
• Experience with embedded software and control electronics preferred.
• Proficiency creating procedures for process improvement like CMMI or AutoSPICE -desired.-
• Proficiency designing and implementing development processes regarding engineering requirements management.
• Proficiency in the use of Requirements Management tools like Jira or IBM Rational DOORS.
• Proficiency in the use of Automated Tests Management tools like Zephyr or Test Case Lab.
• Experience deriving and documenting precise and verifiable mechanical, hardware, and software requirements from vague system specifications.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, to help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among project stakeholders.
• Excellent organizational skills, to work with the vast array of information gathered and to cope with rapidly changing information.
• Excellent writing skills, to transfer information effectively to stakeholders and the design team.
Salary : $1 – $1