A $400MM Manufacturing Business Group of a $900MM Multi-National conglomerate has created a brand new SOURCING MANAGER position within its purchasing organization. This hands-on position will be responsible for implementing purchasing strategy for a portfolio of purchasing categories, taking into account quality, cost, delivery, innovation (QCDI) in line with Group/Group Segment/Business Unit strategic guidelines.
Excellent career opportunity for a take charge / strategic thinking sourcing professional, who enjoys visiting vendor sites (30 to 40% travel), while rolling up their sleeves and getting involved in the development and implementation of effective sourcing methods. Company manufactures advancement materials for a variety of industries. This position will be based at their primary materials processing facility, located in St. Marys, PA, a small rural town about 2 1/2 hours East Northeast of Pittsburgh – An hour West of State College, PA.
- BS degree is required. A graduate degree or an engineering degree would be a huge plus, but not required.
- Must have 5 to 10 years of sourcing / procurement experience for a chemical / materials processing company, where the sourcing of raw materials was a necessity.
- Must have a valid passport and be willing to travel up to 40% of the time to visit vendor sites as well as the company's other manufacturing, R&D, and corporate locations. The amount of travel will diminish over time.
- Must have strong experience in project management, sourcing strategy development, contract negotiations, supplier relationship management, cost modeling, vendor auditing, and budget management.
- Must have experience working with vendors from around the world.
- Prior experience working for a Matrixed International manufacturer is preferred.
COMPENSATION: Base salary range is $75K to $85K with a 17% bonus. Full relocation is available – will not purchase the home.
Excellent opportunity to join a well established and stable company with a strong track record as a leader in their industry niche. Low cost of living location. Ideal for someone looking to raise a family in a safe and quiet rural town. Terrific outdoor activities in the area: hiking, camping, hunting, skiing, etc…
Salary : $75,000 – $85,000