Our client a machine tool service company is seeking a Spindle Technician based in their NC facility.
They incorporate state of-the-art, sophisticated equipment combined with years of know-how to properly return a precision machine spindle to “like new” working order. Key to this process is the depth of knowledge to do accurate failure analysis that determines why a spindle failed and what needs to be done to correct the problem. Our capabilities also extend to repairing and refurbishing parts in-house.
There knowledge of super precision bearing design and unmatched connections within the bearing industry enable us to get even special bearings quickly.
Specific knowledge of tooling, machine tools and CNC manufacturing equipment with high speed electric or mechanical spindles and tooling is desired.
- Read & Comprehend design engineering drawings with included GD&T specifications.
- Disassemble spindles, evaluate and correct problems, review and complete repairs, reassemble and test the completed spindle.
- Review written and folder instructions regarding the specific spindle, the nature of technical problem, and the possible solutions such as part redesign, substitution or material or parts, and/or rearrangement of parts or subassemblies.
- Check engineering drawings to ascertain specifications, test specifications, procedures, objectives and proper test equipment.
- Drafts detail drawing or sketches for parts/spindle notebook upon completion. Submit drawing and specifications to request parts fabrication.
- Machining experience to devise, fabricate, and assemble new or modified components or assemblies for products such as spindles, machine tools, or other precision rotating equipment.
- Balances rotating components. Sets up and conduct tests of complete units and components under operational conditions to insure equipment performance or other factors or, to obtain data for development, standardization, and quality control.
- Analyze indicated and calculated test results in relation to design or rated specifications and test objectives, and modify or adjust equipment to meet specifications.
- Record test procedures and results, numerical and graphical data.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- 2 years’ shop training or Associates and 5 years’ spindle or closely related equipment repair.
- Familiarity with close tolerances of less than 0.0001" and related measuring equipment.
- Experience with Auto Cad and machine tool material removal applications is desirable.
- Basic computer skills with Microsoft Office suite.
- A team player who is committed to customer service and adding value with technical support will be successful.
Salary : $40,000 – $50,000