Our client needs an experienced finance person out of manufacturing who will ensure the integrity of their accounting information. You will provide financial decision-making by collecting, recording, verifying, consolidating, and analyzing cost information for the organization. This will include generating monthly financial statements and performing analysis of monthly balance sheets and income statements, monthly financial projections, and the annual budget.
- Serve as second in charge of the accounting and finance department and be the right-hand person to the Controller
- Maintains the financial records for the company. Controls and balances the general ledger and all subsidiary ledgers.
- Prepares and analyses monthly financial statements. Reports any significant deviations from plan to Division Controller.
- Prepares valuation of monthly inventory, Lower Cost or Market reserves, and Slow Moving/Obsolete inventory. Supports monthly inventory activities as necessary.
- Maintains detailed financial budgeting and forecasting models and drives the process organizationally.
- Maintains fixed assets subsidiary ledgers and prepares associated depreciation, asset acquisition and retirement summaries.
- Collects, analyzes and records data to determine the cost of business activities. In some instances, takes the lead in recommending and implementing cost procedures that are most appropriate for particular operation.
- Maintains standard cost rates and structure as necessary due to the effects of changes to product design, manufacturing process, raw material expenditures and labor.
- Works closely with production, engineering, customer service, information systems and others to integrate data gathering and reporting systems that provide the most accurate and pertinent information to management.
- Reports finalized month results and forecasts for the Company to Corporate for consolidation purposes.
- Maintains detailed intercompany subsidiary ledgers and reconciles them monthly with related companies.
- Generates and files sales and use tax returns for multiple states.
- Supervises the accounts payable and receivable team. Interviews, hires and trains new employees.
- Prepares special reports for management utilizing costing techniques as needed.
- Prepares required work papers and documentation in support of the annual external audit.
- Supports the organization as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or a related field
- 4-7 years of progressive responsibility with financial reporting in a manufacturing environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Experience integrating cost information with software systems
- Strong project and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and balance conflicting priorities
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- CPA or CMA preferred
- Experience using Epicor Vantage preferred
- Bonus 5% to 10% average
- Health, dental and life insurance
- 401K with match
- Vacation and holidays
- Some help with relocation through a sign on bonus
Let us move your career forward and apply now. We review all resumes and applications submitted. A member of our staff will reach out to you directly if you meet the qualifications for this role. No sponsorship is available.
Salary : $75,000 – $90,000