This Structural Engineer position will work on a wide range of industrial, government, education and/or healthcare building projects.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use engineering software to draft, design, detail and modify engineering project designs/plans utilizing firm specifications.
- Evaluate, select and apply standard engineering techniques and procedures.
- Review designs for compliance with codes and specifications.
- Clarify and resolve technical issues.
- May provide technical assistance with proposals and presentations.
- May write reports and memorandums, and assist with project presentations to clients.
- May assist Project Managers, as requested, in the preparation of cost information.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Experience with Revit required.
- Requires previous experience working on building projects.
- Knowledge of statutes/codes/regulations, including program procedures, methods and practices, and their application to specific situations.
- Ability to apply knowledge and skills to a wide range of standard and non-standard situations.
- Must manage own time while working with other team members to meet agreed targets; develop plans for short-term work activities in own area.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, both internally and with the public.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering or related field required.
- P.E. license (State of Michigan) preferred.
- 5 – 8 years of prior relevant work experience.
Salary : $70,000 – $90,000