Very well established manufacturer of rubber and plastic components has immediate need for a supplier development engineer preferably with automotive background.
Conducts identification, readiness evaluation, development and on-boarding of suppliers to achieve requirements and support plant quality management in case of escalation with the objective to develop a best in class supplier base.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Cost Management Standardization – Review and analyze component part pricing with Purchasing, Sales and Cost Accounting in support of developing a total cost management program.
- Purchasing program management – Responsible for project leadership, RFQ evaluations and sourcing direction, run at rate trials and launch support.
- APQP Processes – Manage the entire Purchasing APQP Process through timely processing of all vendor components PPAP trials and prompt resolution of any related issues to achieve key milestones.
- Commodity/Supplier sourcing evaluations – Evaluate and support selection of new suppliers.
- Commodity SME – Develop commodity expertise (materials, manufacturing method, process, technology) in BOGE Rubber & Plastic’s core business.
- Operation Standards – Coordinate the development, implementation and training in procedures and work instructions pertaining to Supplier & Commodity management to create sustainable process.
- Supplier Performance Improvement programs – Lead and support joint continuous improvement activities with suppliers who do not meet key measurables.
- Pricing – Review pricing from suppliers and to refine with Sales Group, Cost Accounting and Buyer to achieve cost and return targets. Work with suppliers to support additional price impact initiatives such as annual pricing reviews, VA/VE items, technological innovation and process optimization to support continuous cost improvement
- Engineering – Manage, review and issue Engineering Change Request (ECR’s) and Engineering Change Orders (ECO’s).
- Responsible to act as liaison with Quality Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering and Quality groups
- Domestic and International travel will be required (35% – 40%)
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Leadership duties may be assigned at a later point in time. Leadership experience is a plus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Quality Systems with 3-5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably automotive.
- Working knowledge of IATAF 16949 and VDA 6.3.
- VDA 6.3 auditor certification is a plus.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Strong sense of urgency and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft applications. Specifically Excel and Word.
Basic knowledge in SAP Quality modules.
Salary : $70,000 – $85,000