Well established, profitable regional CPA firm seeks both Experienced Staff and Seniors for their expanding tax group to add to their growing practice. Prefer 2 – 5 years of tax experience Candidates should currently (or very recently) be employed with a U. S. based Big-4 or large local CPA firm. The firm offers high base salaries, paid overtime (at time and one half) and bonuses, diverse client assignments, and a reasonable work life balance. Candidates must be either U. S. citizens, Permanent residents, or holders of active, transferable TN visas. Prefer local candidates. May provide a small sign on bonus and interview expenses to out of town candidates.
Tax Senior Summary:
Senior Accountants perform most work assigned with a minimum of assistance. They often lead one or more assistants, instruct them in work to be performed, review the work done, and direct necessary revisions. Seniors are required to make decisions on all but the most unusual accounting and auditing matters.
1. Performs diversified tax assignments under the direction of supervisor, manager or partner.
2. Demonstrates competency in technical skills, work quality, and application of professional and Firm standards.
3. Meets time constraints and client deadlines.
4. Participates in planning and scheduling client engagements.
5. Directs and instructs assistants, where applicable, in work to be performed and working paper review.
6. Determines the extent of test-checking required in an audit and selects the transactions to be tested.
7. Prepares and indexes working papers; performs various procedures to verify accuracy and validity of client’s financial matters.
8. Prepares complicated tax returns, and returns on dissolution or liquidation.
9. Suggests client tax planning ideas to supervisor, manager, or Partner.
10. Prepares routine correspondence to client for approval and signature of a Partner; writes comments for management letters.
11. Drafts reports including footnotes.
12. Proactively takes ownership of projects, seeing them through to ultimate completion & delivery to client.
13. Performs the broadest range of accountant tasks so that direct participation of supervisors, managers, or Partners is kept to a minimum.
1. Prepares other reports, projects and duties as may be assigned.
2. Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
3. Punctually enters time and expenses daily to support efficient billing processes.
4. Begins to develop referral sources, which may include involvement in community, business and professional organizations.
5. Increasingly builds knowledge base of the Firm’s industry lines and service offerings
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Proficiency in use of computers and computer accounting and tax software programs.
2. Well-rounded knowledge of accounting principles and personal income taxes.
3. Ability to organize work and projects, prioritize and meet deadlines, and to complete work in an efficient and accurate manner.
4. Ability to reason and effectively multi-task.
1. Supervises staff accountants and assistants with assignments, instructs them in work to be performed, reviews work done and directs necessary revisions.
2. Proactively shares knowledge and takes ownership of developing people.
1. Frequent same day travel for work at clients’ offices, meetings, and seminars using a personal vehicle.
2. Occasional out-of-town travel with overnight stay for work at clients, meetings, or seminars using a personal vehicle.
3. Occasional overtime work required throughout the year. Heavy overtime work required from January 1 to April 15.
4. Minimal Hazards. General office working conditions.
1. At least two years experience in public accounting, demonstrating a progression in complexity of tax knowledge.
2. Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or Master’s degree in accounting.
3. Minimum of forty (40) hours of continuing professional education is required each year.
4. Either hold a current and valid CPA’s license, or be working toward obtaining the license by taking and passing the applicable state CPA exam.
5. If licensed, should be a member in good standing with the AICPA.
1. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English.
2. Explore various industries area working towards developing an area of specialization or niche practice
3. Proactively seeks knowledge, new task and increased responsibilities.
Salary : $50,000 – $80,000