Well established, profitable regional CPA firm seeks a Tax Manager (or Senior Manager) for their expanding tax group in the Houston office. Honesty and integrity govern all of our actions. We work in teams to offer new perspectives, challenge assumptions, and present solutions to our clients. We offer high base salaries and bonuses, as well as excellent opportunity for career growth. Relocation assistance may be available for exceptional out of town candidates. Candidates should currently (or very recently) be employed with a U. S. based Big-4, national, or large local CPA firm. Candidates must be either U. S. citizens, Permanent residents, or holders of active, transferable TN visas.
As a Tax Manager (or Senior Manager), you will work with other members of our tax practice to develop and sustain excellent client service. You will advise clients on a full spectrum of corporate and partnership tax services. Your role will include project management, reviewing tax returns and provisions, consulting, and providing coaching/mentoring to staff.
Tax Manager Responsibilities:
- Supervise and maintain control of multiple projects and assignments, including work scheduling, supervision, development of staff, billing and realization of profitability
- Maintain steady contact with clients throughout the business year
- Evaluate and guide staff in their technical and professional development
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required; Master of Tax preferred
- Minimum 6 years of experience in a public accounting firm or related experience
- CPA required
- Proficient in corporate and partnership taxation
- Previous experience supervising and training Staff
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong project management skills are required
- Experience in oil and gas taxation as well as provisions (ASC 740) preferred.
Salary : $90,000 – $160,000