Working with minimum supervision, the Senior Tax Accountant directs and performs complex tax preparation on business and individual returns, as well as leads tax planning and tax research activities including potential tax savings initiatives. The Senior Tax Accountant also develops strong client relationships, while providing direction and technical guidance to less experienced staff.
1. Prepare complex tax projections and returns in accordance with firm and industry standards and in compliance with applicable tax law.
2. Ensure that workpapers and other deliverables are prepared in accordance with firm standards.
3. Independently identify problem areas, research technical issues, draw conclusions and document in written technical format.
4. Interface with taxing authorities and assist in gathering information for federal, state and local tax audits.
5. Supervise, coach, direct and review the work of others.
6. Begin to understand and develop marketing goals.
7. Begin to develop relationships with referral sources.
? Project tax liability for business and individual clients.
? Prepare complex tax returns including Forms 1040, 1120, 1120-S, 1065, 990, 1099’s and others.
? Display technical proficiency in tax preparation and assembly of related documentation.
? Prepare various monthly, quarterly, and annual tax filings in a timely manner, as assigned.
? Assist with income tax compliance; including, but not limited to, preparation of extensions, quarterly estimates, FBARs, etc.
? Assist in representation of clients with government agencies.
? Take a critical approach to the return process; thinking, questioning, analyzing.
? Respond to tax notices.
? Increase knowledge surrounding the relevant rules, regulations and laws that govern tax at a local, state and federal level.
? Strong organization and follow-up skills including the ability to handle competing priorities and meet all deadlines and commitments.
? Ability to develop excellent relationships with clients, meeting their expectations.
? Multi-task with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, with minimal direction.
? Complete billings before due date.
? Pursue charge hour goal.
? Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
? CPA or JD.
? Public Accounting experience of at least three years or equivalent industry experience.
? Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
? Excellent interpersonal skills, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
? Thorough understanding of relevant federal, state and local tax code.
Salary : $60,000 – $80,000