GREAT OPPORTUNITY FOR THE TRANSPORTATION ENGINEER SEEKING A POSITIVE CAREER PATH IN A RAPIDLY GROWING ENGINEERING FIRM.
- Provide engineering design for a variety of highway design projects including: roadway reconstruction and overlay, bridge approaches, storm sewers, sidewalk ramps, guardrail, pavement marking and signing, and right of way plans.
- Develop plans, specifications and estimates based on current INDOT plan development requirements.
- Perform drainage delineation, calculation and storm sewer pipe sizing using GEOPAK drainage.
- Ability to develop pavement marking plans, signing plans, and maintenance of traffic plans
- Must have the ability to recommend Best Management Practices (BMPs) per requirements of INDOT and IDEM
- Perform and deliver cost estimates using INDOT's Weighted Average Item Price Report and ability to work through AASHTO software, Trnsport-Stand-Alone PES Worksheet (SAPW).
- Prepare design computations and quantity estimates.
- Review, assign and provide guidance to drafting technicians to prepare working design plans using Microstation.
- Utilize Microstation GEOPAK SS4 and GEOPAK drainage to develop plans.
- Assist in client contact and communication pertaining to specific projects.
- Assist in the preparation of reports, specifications, plans, design schedules, and environmental impact studies.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering with emphasis in transportation engineering.
- Professional Engineer license
- 4+ years of experience in highway design (all components of alignment and geometrics design). based on Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) road design manual.
- Must be proficient with Microstation GEOPAK SS4.
- Must have an understanding of INDOT Workspace concept for plan development using Microstation.
- Must have prior experience in 3D modelling using Microstation.
- Ability to perform drainage design using GEOPAK drainage when needed.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Salary : $80,000 – $95,000