My best client, a $850MM Global Manufacturer, has recently created a brand new position of VP of R&D to head up worldwide R&D efforts within their Advanced Materials Division. The Advanced Materials Division's primary focus is supplying the semiconductor industry with the tools it needs to produce semiconductor based products like microchips, solar cells, LEDs, etc…..
The primary mission of the VP of R&D is: "Allow the company to continually adapt its products or manufacturing procedures, and to create new products to meet customer needs and to respond to market evolution within the limits imposed by cost, quality, and deadlines while mastering the inherent risks of innovation." Towards that end, the VP of R&D will work alongside the Division's main R&D team, located in Bay City, MI. The VP will also be responsible for other R&D teams, who are located in the U.S. and Europe.
Excellent career opportunity to lead a well established R&D organization, and help it take its responsiveness and new product innovation to another level.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen because a significant part of my client's overall business comes from the U.S. DOD. ITAR rules. A security clearance isn't required.
- Must be a Materials Scientist with a strong background in semiconductor technology and CVD – Chemical Vapor Deposition.
- A Ph.D. or Masters in Materials Science, Ceramic Engineering, and/or Chemical Engineering with a focus on electrical / semiconductor materials is required.
- Ideally seeking a veteran R&D Management Professional with over 20 years of experience. Must have a strong hands-on management background.
- Should have a broad background in R&D project management, product knowledge, production methods, and business / market knowledge.
- Should have solid experience in DOE / statistical methods.
- Must be willing to travel (25%) and have a valid / up-to-date Passport.
- Strong preference for applicants, who have worked for a European manufacturer, as well as within a matrixed hierarchical management structure.
- Strong leadership / communication skills are a must to manage the team but to also interface with customers.
- Should have a strong ability to anticipate changes in the Division's target markets.
Salary : $120,000 – $140,000