Our client, a fast growing cutting edge manufacturer that sells machined components, has been aggressively growing. The Vice President Sales will play a critical role in driving growth. The Vice President Sales must be highly energetic and metrics driven with a proven track record of driving sales growth. They will build and manage a talented sales team focused on driving new business and increasing sales within the existing base. The Vice President Sales sets standards and values coaching, process and performance to build a championship team and define the sales culture. They will determine the long-term sales strategy and lead the team to success. This is a great opportunity for a rainmaker who has developed substantial personal business and has grown a sales organization.
The VP Sales is directly responsible for leading managers of the division and indirectly responsible for all employees within the division. They will recruit, build, develop and manage sales team. They will develop annual sales plan and implement and execute sales policies and practices. They will recommend sales strategies based on market research and competitor analyses and they will manage multiple channel strategies. The VP Sales will have a business acumen, be strategic, and solve problems. The VP Sales will be result driven leader.
Successful candidate skills and qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree (MBA preferred)
· 10+ years VP Sales or related experience
· Experience in machining or manufacturing
· 5+ years running a sales team with proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets for a manufacturing company
· Ability to establish the sales targets to meet company objectives.
· Ability to think strategically about the business and work constructively with executive team to create winning sales plans.
· Ability to work with sales team and drive their daily performance metrics.
· Core strength in managing the day to day activity and performance metrics.
· Collaboration is key – able to help in tackling challenges across the organization and not just in sales.
· Communication skills, so everyone knows what you are trying to say.
· Strong sense of urgency and ability to execute.