Director Aftermarket NAFTA Novi, Michigan
Looking for a Hands-on leader with an entrepreneurial passion to win new business, tenacity to engage customer organizations at all levels, ability to transition new concepts into the Aftermarket channel and capability to lead a highly motivated team to realize these goals.
- 50 plus years as a provider to the automotive and engine industry – filtration and fluid management products
- State of the art products individually tailored to customer needs (OEM and aftermarket)
- Global Company – International presence at 9 locations in Europe, North America, South America and Asia / This location is the corporate and main manufacturing location in the US
WHAT THIS COMPANY OFFERS YOU:
- Growing Company with expanding product line
- Salary / Bonus / Car Allowance
- Group Medical Plan (Blue Cross Blue Shield) / Dental plus Voluntary Vision and FSA
- Basic Life / AD&D coverage
- LTD and STD coverage
- 401K Plan as well as a Bonus Program based on Company Performance, Quality and Productivity
- PTO / Paid Holidays
- Relocation Package
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
Responsible for providing identifying and driving new customer growth in both revenue and margin improvement. Major goal is to establish the company as best in class Aftermarket filtration provider. The position will serve as the head of the aftermarket business NAFTA in totality. Reports to the North American CEO/President and will be a member of the Executive Leadership Team. The Director will work closely with the Global Team and in conjunction with the Head of Global Aftermarket in Germany. Direct reports: 6 support members including Manager, Product Manager, Customer Service, Logistics plus 3 area Sales managers that manage the manufacturing sales representatives.
- Revenue Growth derived from product development and to lead and direct Aftermarket Sales, Product Development, and Customer Strategy.
- Revenue Growth for branded products via generation of new business from new and existing customer base
- Product Range development – establishing the company as a premium full range filter supplier in targeted markets by improving rate of NPI into the product offering
- Market/Channel Development – responsible for identifying which areas to focus on for growth and new customer acquisition
- Lead and organize a team of sales professionals, product managers, Customer Services, and distribution focused on profitable growth and news business development
- Cultivate customer relationships, assessing and identifying new business opportunities and driving them to a successful close
- Develop strategic approach to the market and the steps to achieve
- Development of Marketing plans to support sales and strategy initiatives/goals
- Execute business development plans that result in near and long term revenue growth with emphasis on gross margin, EBITDA, and inventory levels
- Build, develop, and mage a team capable of carrying out day-to-day aftermarket activities in support of the growth expectations
- Monitor key factors (costs, operations, and forecasting) and business conditions that could impact strategic and operational direction and communicate findings to senior management
- Develop business processes to support business growth and KPI initiatives
- Develop NAFTA Aftermarket Strategy and ability to gain local/global support for approach
- Drive alignment with Global Aftermarket Team
- Meet or exceed established sales Goals
- Automotive Aftermarket Industry Proficiency (PC and HD/CV) navigating inside the aftermarket industry and understanding of trends, and ability to positon company consistent with these movements
- Experience in business development, sales, and customer facing roles.
- Solid knowledge base of respective car/truck parc required for product range development
- Knowledge of Aftermarket Filtration, particularly HD/CV a major plus
- Leadership- Dimensions include leading Sales, Marketing, Product Development, Customer Service, and Distribution. Emphasis is on team development, the ability to identify talent, and build a solid performing organization.
- Capable of developing process/information flows, gaining organization buy in and implement said processes and leveraging them to drive results.
- Proven capability to target key customer accounts consistent with market strategy and segment focus, identify and define the value proposition to the customer, and to assure promises can and will be delivered on promises made
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or Business/Marketing Degree
- MBA preferred
- 10 years of experience in a customer facing role with an emphasis on leading Sales
- Excellent Presentation skills
- Ability to produce large complex proposals and presentations and RFP’s utilizing PowerPoint, Excel, Word, diagrams and other resources
Salary : $125,000 – $150,000