Our client is a well established international manufacturer of stamped metal components–they have an immediate need for a buy with strong background in steel purchasing.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Manage production purchasing operations including working with vendors as well as internal and external customers.
- Identify, develop, and implement vendors for all direct materials and outside processing for North American manufacturing facilities
- Actively monitor and report steel and purchased parts inventory for all North American facilities
- Evaluate, develop, and implement vendors for MRO items for all North American locations
- Coordinate all Supply Chain related NML activities
- Administer Supplier Scorecard process as well as develop and implement corrective actions for poor performing suppliers and proactively identify contingency plans for poor performing suppliers
- Develop and manage release schedules for purchased components
- Work with North American plants to ensure proper receiving is performed
- Work with Material Control Manager to secure proper freight accommodations
- Follow all applicable IATF 16949 policies, procedures and work instructions
- Generally, perform all other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Purchasing, or related field / experience
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Automotive Purchasing
- Ability to read and interpret drawings & blueprints
- Proficient in Excel and Microsoft Office Suite
Salary : $60,000 – $65,000