International manufacturer of automotive components has immediate need for Plant Controller–Not everything is mandatory, but the job description will give you an idea of the job–Beautiful area to live in central WI.
Under the direction of and reporting to the on-site Plant Manager and dotted line to the Division Finance Manager, this position recommends, formulates and implements cost accounting systems and procedures, prepares reports and evaluates financial information for Corporate reporting and decision making purposes, as well as strategic planning decision making and implementation to attain the company’s financial goals.
PLANT CONTROLLER – NECEDAH
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare annual Sales, Operative Plan and Cost Plan budgets
- Prepare monthly sales and earnings forecasts, analyzing operations for improved profitability
- Maintain general ledger day to day through to and including month end closings
- Implements and maintains proper internal controls
- Manage and control all expenses, accruals and capital projects
- Prepares financial analysis to support Division Finance Manager and Local Plant Management
- Prepare and analyze financial information for plant, corporate and government reporting and make recommendations
- Conduct accurate and timely month and year end closings in accordance with corporate policy
- Coordinates physical inventories
- Administer Purchasing Card system for Necedah
- Manage and direct the inventory and financial standards for items and materials within the manufacturing realm including recording, pricing and documenting physical inventories
- Process fixed asset additions, transfers and disposals
- Oversee capital and expense project justification
- Conduct financial evaluations of new parts, cost/work centers, projects and strategic business opportunities
- Provide direction and data on financial issues as needed
- Analyze variances and provide recommendations to promote productivity, efficiency and profitability
- Serve as active member of the Growtth implementation and part of the steering committee
- Serve on special projects as requested
- Lead and manage the plant’s Logistics/Material area and Customer Service function
- Perform various ad-hoc financial analysis or other related projects as assigned
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/ finance.
- Advanced degree or professional certification preferred but not required
- Preferred five + years’ experience in progressive accounting/finance in a manufacturing facility.
- Evidence of lean based concepts
- Supervisory experience
A condition of employment requires that the incumbent learn, abide by and sp
Salary : $80,000 – $100,000